Posts Tagged ‘china trip’
I am waiting in the Pearson Airport with the #gecdsb delegation of Principals that are headed to Chongqing, China. We are working with Southwest University to share teaching and learning (pedagogical) successes and challenges in the Sister Schools project. #gecdsb elementary schools have been paired for 6 years now. Using Sketchy Skype calls and skilled Chinese/English interpreters we learned of each others educational experiences. My first call ever occurred in the learning commons of Eastwood School in 2014. I had set up the TV and webcam at the couch area. When the call came in I realized I was talking to a lecture hall of 200 Student Teachers and Professors. “Hi!” They all excitedly waved. Now I am getting on a plane to Southwest University in Chongqing to experience school first hand.
So, the point of this post… What have people asked me to bring back for them?
- Kobe and Silas are expecting some Chinese Pokemon cards.
- Dallas wants a rock.
- Janice wants menus and pics of poorly translated signs (Chinese to English)
- Tricia wants a jade ring, as does Zoe.
- Gavin wants pics of me eating exotic foods… Bugs particularly. (He’s been reading Ripley’s books)
- A whole slew of kids from KPS want coins and money
- Chopsticks have come up as have fabrics, clothing and foodstuffs.
- New words in Chinese has been popular.
We’ll see everyone. For now I’m guaranteeing you I will take and bring back lots of pictures. I will do my best to capture some stories here. I promise to blog from the Great Wall right after Principal Iandolo and I run a 5k.
Up next: what did I bring?